28 September 2013

Barcode Art

Barcode Marilyn Monroe

Postcard sent by Scott (the USA).

He makes art with barcodes. He created this portrait of Marilyn Monroe using 1944 barcodes from movie DVDs in which the actress appeared. The portrait of the Elvis Presley below was made with barcodes from music CDs the rock and roll performer created, and the same for Madonna portrait. I wonder which barcodes he used for the portrait of Jesus... The original mosaics measure 1,5 x 1,5 m.

Barcode Elvis

UPC A/Madonna/Music CDs

Barcode Jesus
He confesses he is crazy about barcodes (I believe that). He collect barcodes, so I sent him some barcodes I found. Does it sounds crazy? Well, there is people who collect laughing cows...


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for showing an interest in my Barcode Art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that you've received the barcodes. I like your postcards so much!

      Delete
  2. Wow, that's amazing! And funny to scan all barcodes...

    Is it crazy to send found barcodes to someone? I don't think so - I'm sending colour test prints to Anna Banana (still am wondering what she'll do with it :-)
    See my post on it, http://heleendevaan.blogspot.nl/2013/04/colour-test-prints.html

    I'd like to cut off the barcodes of the packages, too, and send them to Scott, if he needs more barcodes :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen the colour test prints post. "Crazy" is not the word... Or all our mail is crazy!

      Well, as I wrote, there's is people collecting "rubbish" in the form of red laughing cows, and so on ;P

      You can contact Scott through his page. I'm sure he'll be happy to receive more barcodes!

      Delete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.