21 April 2014

Queens & Kings


Envelope sent by John (the UK). It contained some postcards, and this one among them: the Crown Jewels in the Tower of London.



He gently labelled the old stamps:



I have published (here and here) stamps with queens and kings of the United Kingdom. I realised I need to find out a bit more about this country's history...

I have received more of these stamps in the last weeks. I am amazed about how many stamps like these exist in the United Kingdom. I wonder if it is the same nowadays...








Isn't the last one the best?


Sent by Laura (the UK).

4 comments:

  1. Lovely enveloppe and nice stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I'll ever tire of seeing stamps of the Queen. She is such a beautiful, gracious, extraordinary woman who has lived an extraordinary life. Thanks for showing these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the variety, too. And the Machin stamps, with all those colours and values, are very interesting to collect.

      Delete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.