09 September 2014

The Colour of Africa

I usually love the mail I receive. But sometimes I just take my hat off some amazing mail makers...



Sent by Alan (the UK). This is one of the more original pieces of art I have ever received.
The colour of Africa. For a few days in early April 2014, the south of England was covered by a cloud of dirty air, full of fine dust blown all the way from the Sahara. This linocut was printed using ink coloured with this dust, harvested from car windows.

It arrived inside a special envelope, along with some goodies (I had the same idea some time ago, but I have not started to stamp envelopes in this way!):


As part of a non-organised (I guess) campaign for real mail:


7 comments:

  1. Yes Sahara dust is different to the GB variety :)
    I like the campaign for real mail sticker and I always like airmail stickers in Arabic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Printed using dust, how original!
    Alan Brignull makes wonderful mail art, prints and artistamps. Great to see these beauties, too. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes, when I answer his mail, I'm afraid I'm not at the height of him!

      Delete
  3. This is amazing! He had a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.