22 October 2017

Sunday Stamps | L(aw)

For the letter L of Sunday Stamps-II. I have chosen another theme that I find curious: stamps devoted to legal texts.


French stamp issued on 15 March 2004, to commemorate the bicentenary of the promulgation of the Civil Code, on 21 March 1804 (30 Ventôse, year XII), by Napoleon Bonaparte. More information about the stamp here (in French). It features a modern Justice holding the code.


A Mexican stamp that commemorates the 150th anniversary of the Constitución de 1857, issued on 5 February 2016. Designer: Ricardo Venegas Gómez.



In 2015, the Royal Mail issued a set of six stamps to mark the 800th anniversary of the Magna CartaThe stamps feature major charters, bills and declarations that have developed the rule of law in the centuries since around the world. The three that I have received, from 1265 to 2013. Complete information about this issue.




And one stamp from 1987 that I have recently received, that celebrates the 200th anniversary of the drafting of the United Sates Constitution.

8 comments:

  1. That is a wonderfully ornate interior on the Mexican stamp. A surprising amount of legal texts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have only (recently) received these. But I made a quick research on the Internet, and I found out that there are a lot of stamps devoted to legal texts. Which is not strange, in my opinion.

      Delete
  2. A really unexpected topic for L, and a wonderful collection of stamps. I agree on the Mexican stamp, and it seems an interesting coincidence that they all seem quite long stamps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need a lot of space to write an article in a decent size, I guess.

      Delete
  3. A great choice about an important, actual theme, law, and justice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter is an attorney in the USA so she will be interested in these. I'm familiar with those from Great Britain but not the others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they are able to catch the attention of any recipient.

      Delete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.